Sunday, July 30, 2006



I took this picture on the drive back from San Diego. Perhaps because we so rarely see them here, I find myself obsessed with clouds. We had just left a small town (Something Pine...) in CA and drove up around a hill and there this magnificent cloud formation was, just waiting to be enjoyed. It never fails to amaze me that there is so much beauty in the world. Even in the desert.

After dark, we were caught in torrential rain from early monsoons. Though it made for slow travel, we were glad to get the moisture. Tonight, it is raining outside, and I find my mind, which is so used to the dry desert and so unused to hearing rain patter on sidewalks, wandering back to the midwest. I do occasionally miss those rainy, dreery days.

I still don't miss snow and ice storms, however.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home