Saturday, August 12, 2006

Liquid Terrorism?



So, I found this picture on BBC News online. I don't own it, can't claim it, didn't take it.

But it seemed to fit. What is up with this refusal to allow people the basic "neccessities" for plane travel? I understand that a "major terrorist plot" has been detected, but it seems that everyone is failing to notice that we should be celebrating. Our English allies discovered the plot before anyone was hurt (the would-be terrorists hadn't even bought tickets yet), and several sick people are in jail. Why are we all screaming and crying? Why will I not be allowed to take my carry-on onto the next plane I fly on? (I am a total baby - I have to take "stuff to do" on a trip to the grocery store.)

According to a news report on cnn.com, some people were fine with all the trouble, including Tisha Presley who was quoted as saying, "I assume before too long we'll be naked on the plane -- and that's fine with me." But it isn't fine with me. (Think about the last person you sat next to on a plane - do you really want to see them nakid?) Travel, by plane or otherwise, will never be truly safe. We'd be stupid to think otherwise. Still, it shouldn't be so horribly uncomfortable. If our intellegence services are half as competant as those in England, I see no reason to worry. I will still fly - though doing so without a book, I-Pod, or my crochett would be pretty painful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home