Thursday, April 05, 2007

FL Update

I’ve been a Flybaby (FlyLady newby to those of you that don’t know the lingo) a few days now, and I’ve noticed that a few things are beginning to change. Some aren’t, and I will have to work on that, but for the most part, I am pretty impressed with the system.

I tried the toilet cleaning trick, and I really, really like it. I get to get rid of old soap and shampoo that otherwise just fills up the cabinet under the sink till I move and throw it all away (oh the guilt that causes!), and I can quickly clean every few days. In AZ, where the toilet will grow noticeable mold if left unattended for just a couple of weeks, this is a wonderful development.

So the bathroom is starting to really shape up after only a few minutes every morning. Wonderful. The rest of the house…well, it’s going to be a long process. I am just trying to repeat the FL mantra: progress, not perfection…progress, not perfection…

After all, if the house is a tiny bit cleaner every night when I go to bed than it was when I woke up, isn’t that something? I need stickers. Gold stars for progress, or at least not sliding backwards, would be very helpful. And they’d make me feel good. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home