Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yarn Stash and FlyLady Update

We’re getting ready to move, and I’m beginning the painful process of paring down the yarn stash. Each time I hold up a skein, I find myself visualizing a finished project that I could make. Now, in all truthfulness, many of these projects are not all that appealing to me. Most likely, they never will be. I know this, yet I have the hardest time admitting to myself that the yarn needs to go. Why should I hang on to yarn that I do not want to use? It’s a sickness I tell you, a sickness!

On the other hand, my lovely piles of recycled yarn are taking over what’s left of the living room. It has to end, but I am in no mood to try. I love looking over at the filled-to-the-brim baskets of lovely balled yarn. They make me happy! My husband has obviously decided that anything so cheap and incidental is not really worth the fight. He has given up and just rolls his eyes when I come home clutching yet another sweater. Poor guy hasn’t even bothered to ask what I’m going to make out of it yet.

FlyLady Update

On the FL front, I am really, really happy I found this site. The e-mails are still pretty extreme, but I find that just seeing my inbox all full and informative gives me a warm feeling. My DH has started making the bed most mornings. My bathroom looks clean and inviting with only a few seconds of work every other day from me. My kitchen is slowly coming around. Life is good and I am looking forward to the day when every part of my house only needs the upkeep needed by my bathroom. (Will it ever be perfect? No, but perfection is pretty boring really.)

The move seems far more doable since FL. I know that there will be stress and I am aware of the panic and chaos that will come. However, there is a new attitude in town. Progress not perfection and I deserve it! 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

I hope you get through your move without a hitch. Moving is always a big pain in the butt.

MJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home